It’s Not a Diet! But You Will Lose Weight with This Proven Path to Developing Better Eating Habits and Building a Healthy Relationship with Food.
Diets come and go, and the weighing scale needle swings as you drop pounds and then gain them back. But what if there was a weight loss solution for forever? Not another fad diet based on deprivation and restriction, but a holistic system for shedding pounds and maintaining your weight?
In The Permanent Weight Loss Plan, doctor-and-patient team Janice Asher and Jae Rivera show that it’s not just about the food you eat or don’t eat—it’s about a mindset and lifestyle change. Cumulatively losing 170 pounds and maintaining their weight for years, Janice and Jae share scientific evidence, personal experiences, and practical insights on how you can successfully reframe your relationship with food.
It’s about stopping the shame associated with body size, recognizing instances of disordered eating, equipping yourself with the knowledge on what behaviors contribute to lasting weight loss, and making use of a few secret tricks and strategies. Get actionable tips on how to:
- Overcome barriers like stress, shame, and emotional eating
- Avoid sugars and escape the comfort food circle of hell
- Eat good food that nourishes your intestinal microbiome and brain
- Choose vegetables, probiotics and prebiotics, and more
- Boost your metabolism by eating during the right times of the day
- Commit to an exercise regime you can enjoy
- Transform your kitchen from danger zone to a safe space
- Survive the holidays and develop a support system
- Stop the cycle of fat-shaming and treat yourself with kindness
Complete with twenty-six recipes for cauliflower quinoa puttanesca, “umami bomb” roasted portabella mushrooms, blueberry breakfast smoothie, curried lentil salad, and more, The Doctors’ Permanent Weight Loss Plan encourages readers to embrace a paradigm shift and transform their lives for good.